Greetings from the BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry!
The rise and rise of the BRICS bloc is a definite marker of the new emerging world order one that is both political and economic in nature and is a reflection of the global power shift and the realities of the 21st century.
To advance the broad agenda of BRICS nations, the BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry was founded in the year 2012 by eminent professionals and entrepreneurs. The Chamber is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization and has been actively promoting commerce and industry in the BRICS nations.
The Chamber’s vision is to build an enabling ecosystem especially for entrepreneurs and SME segment from different parts of the country. To this end, it organizes trade fairs, exhibitions, seminars, symposiums, lectures and business campaigns from time to time to enhance institutional links and business relations between BRICS countries and other friendly nations. It promotes business interactions among members by organizing regular visits and other forms of interactions in key areas of Digital Economy, Food Processing & Agri Business, Manufacturing, Rural and Affordable Health Care, Logistics and Supply Chain, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Social Development.
While the BRICS nations remain at the centre of all activities, the Chamber has taken in its credo to reach out to and enable young entrepreneurs from other friendly nations too. It proposes to be the ‘voice’ of young entrepreneurs and champion their business success.
We are excited about exploring avenues of cooperation with the Industrial Business Network and our cooperation may be intended to cover the following areas:
Industrial policy and regional development;
Investment policy and mobilization of finance to support the economic reforms through the provision of concrete assistance to enterprises and commercial entities;
Advisory services to restructure enterprises, development and introduction of advanced technologies and their adaptation to the requirements of specific states and enterprises;
Transfer, financing and commercialization of innovative technologies.
To widely use the opportunities of BRICS CCI and IBN networks of the regional centers, field offices and agencies for the exchange of business information, organization of conferences, fairs and workshops, and to upgrade the skills of national entrepreneurs.
Both organizations may consider and develop a programme of joint cooperation which will include main projects and actions to be realized in the framework of cooperation, such as:
• Practical examples, approaches and methodologies for an effective transfer, on a commercial basis, of innovative technologies among countries and companies concerned;
• Elaborating innovative forms of cooperation such as standardized data base, assessment of new technologies, verification of intellectual property rights and financing joint activities, projects and programs;
• business development, entrepreneurship, and provision of business development services including investment and technology promotion, training and policy advice for small and medium-sized enterprises;
• monitoring of trade capacity, including programs to meet various quality standards, compliance with specified standards of quality infrastructure and export promotion;
• Environment and energy, including resource efficient and cleaner production, water and waste management, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Look forward to hearing from you.
BRICS Chamber of Commerce & Industry
A-2/8, First Floor,
New Delhi -110029